Devouring Beast is a boss Level 2 Guilds can challenge every day. Every Guild Member can fight against it once every 24 hours. If enough cumulative damage is done by guild members over a week (from Monday 12AM UTC to Sunday 11PM UTC) to drop its HP to 0 the challenge is considered a success. Otherwise, Beast fully recovers its health on Mondays at 12AM UTC and members can try again.
When a Guild defeats Devouring Beast for the first time, it is given a Beast Dumpling to raise. Guild members can then challenge Devouring Beast again once every 24 hours. This provides Tears that Beast Dumpling needs to raise its Energy Level. Devouring Beast sleeps between fights but you can spend Magic Crystals to skip the cooldown time and wake it up.
Every time a Guild defeats Devouring Beast, its level is raised by 1 to a maximum of 10.
Note: these have been compiled by fans and are not official.
|Claw Attack with Right Paw||Fixed damage.|
|Ground Slap with Left Paw||Takes out 20% of one Food Soul's HP and silences all units for 5 seconds.|
|Light Pulse Roar||Deals 30% damage to every Food Soul and applies a Bleed with a total damage of around 250-450 over the course of ten ticks.|
|Fireball||Deals massive damage to all units.|
- Claw Attack - Claw Attack - Ground Slap x3
- Light Pulse Roar
- ~ 3:00-2:50: Fireball #1 (70% damage) - Claw Attack - Light Pulse Roar
- Normal Attacks
- ~ 1:50-1:45: Fireball #2 (95% damage) - Claw Attack - Light Pulse Roar
- Normal Attacks
- ~ 0:50-0:45: Fireball #3 (70% damage) - Claw Attack - Fireball #4 (99% damage) - Light Pulse Roar - Claw Attack - Light Pulse Roar
General Team Composition
- The boss is immune to crowd control skills (stun, charm, silence) so Food Souls that can do this but contribute low damage should be avoided. The main goal is to survive past the AOE Fireball attacks with enough healing while still making optimal damage.
- Since the boss inflicts % HP based AOE, Food Souls with very high HP will struggle to survive past them.
- Avoid equipping Fallen Angels on Food Souls if it will get their HP too high. Try not to go higher than 5,000 HP.
- Boss randomly silences one Food Soul in the team. There is no real need to try to counter this skill; it mostly causes problems for link skill-dependent teams (see below) but is manageable otherwise.
- If the bleeding effect is a threat to the team's survival, Food Souls that can team cleanse may be helpful.
|Role||AOE Healing, Team Cleanse||Damage, Link Skill Activator, 2nd Team Heal||Damage||Damage||Damage, basic attack protection|
|Fallen Angel||Speed||Speed or ATK||Speed or ATK||Speed or ATK||Speed or ATK or HP|
1. A healer with high AOE healing in both basic and energy skills is recommended for the most consistent team survival:
2. For increased survival, you can use a second healer in the team. Ideally, the second healer should provide decent healing from their Energy skill but also provide some sort of boost for the team:
- Cloud Tea is not a recommended Healer due to very poor healing contribution.
- If your options for healers are very limited, refer to the Healers guide to discern who to use.
3. Another strategy is to bring a pair of Food Souls where one is a Healer and the other activates their Link skill. You must use the Link skill as the Boss is about to launch its Fireball attack. While this strategy does have its merits, there are now far more options available that no longer make this pivotal for significant damage output. It is better to use the slots you have for optimal damage, not to risk your Healer being silenced right before the Fireballs or simply miss the fairly precise timing this requires.
- However, here are some pairs you can try:
|Healer||Link Skill Activator||Pros/Cons|
You should pick Food Souls will do the most amount of damage. However, souls with skills you can take advantage of to ensure team survival are also recommended:
|Can be used to activate a Healer's energy skill more often, increasing chances of team survival between AOE Fireballs.|
|Energy Skill Healing|
|Cannot replace a Healer but is still viable to use for better survival and damage.|
- Defenders should be avoided unless the team is very low level (Lv. 32-40). At higher level (Lv. 50+), your frontmost Food Soul will have the base HP and Defense for the Beast's basic attack to be a non-issue.
- If you do need a Defender, pick self-healing ones like